NSTI Announces the 12th Annual Nanotech Conference & Expo 2009 May 3-7, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas
January 08, 2009 10:00 AM US Eastern Timezone
Now in its 12th year, the largest and most prominent Nanotechnology event is expected to attract a community of more than 5,000 Nano, Micro and Bio technology executives, who will gather to promote advanced research and best practices, and bring Nanotechnology from the laboratory to the marketplace.Cambridge, MA – January 8th 2009 - The Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI), today announced that the Nanotech Conference & Expo 2009 will take place May 3-7, 2009 at the George R. Brown Convention Center, in Houston Texas. Now in its 12th year, the largest and most prominent Nanotechnology event is expected to attract a community of more than 5,000 Nano, Micro and Bio technology executives, who will gather to promote advanced research and best practices, and bring Nanotechnology form the laboratory to the marketplace.
To date, more than 1,000 submissions have been received for the Nanotech 2009 conference. The program tracks will include:
- Fabrication, Characterization & Tools – including fabrication and simulation,
- Advanced Materials – such as coatings, polymers, composites & bio materials
- Electronics & Microsystems – including NEMS, sensors, and nano electronics
- Medical & Biotech – covering drug delivery, cancer, medicine and instrumentation
- Energy & Environment – such as oil, gas, solar, fuel cells, storage, grid, and water
- Business & Strategy – covering commercialization, venture, policy and regional issues
Additional submissions are still being accepted until January 28th for the Nanotech IP Forum, Nanotech Ventures for early stage companies, Authors of research submissions, and the Business & Initiatives Forum.
Matching Buyers and Sellers via TechConnect Summit 2009
Where the extensive Nanotech 2009 Conference addresses the issues, trends and challenges emerging in nanotechnology, the adjoining TechConnect Summit will address the business issues required to match buyers and sellers in order to bring products to market.
The TechConnect Summit provides a forum for Fortune 500 executives to discuss their nano, micro, bio, and clean technology needs, with the academic and research community, who attend the event in search of projects related to their research. This exchange of real-world, corporate needs, and research streamlines R&D activities for fortune 500 companies, and helps bring products and solutions to market more rapidly. Additional information on the TechConnect Summit is available at: www.techconnect.org/Summit2009/.
Nanotech 09 Co-located with Clean Technology 09 Conference & Expo
For three years, the Nanotech event has been co-located with the Clean Technology Conference & Expo, and the upcoming edition of the Clean Technology show will be the largest to date. Clean Technology ’09 will assemble the entire clean technology ecosystem – including industry, academia and government - in a manner that promotes sustainability and accelerates the flow of energy, water and environmental technologies from development to implementation. More information on this co-located event can be found at: www.csievents.org/Cleantech2009/
Call for Participation:
- To submit a proposal for any of the remaining Nanotech sessions, please visit: www.nsti.org/Nanotech2009/
- Exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities are available. Currently, more than 400 companies, universities, equipment manufacturers and solutions providers are exhibiting to showcase their offerings to more than 5,000 anticipated buyers, who come to the expo to evaluate the latest technology and services. For information, please visit: www.nsti.org/Nanotech2009/expo/
- And members of the media can reserve media credentials by responding to Todd Keefe at email@example.com