NIST Awards $50 Million in Grants to Support New Scientific Research Facilities
US research institutes selected for grants include a Nano Center of Excellence and Sustainability Research building
The five projects selected are receiving funding through the NIST Construction Grant Program. In order to apply and receive NIST funding through this program, organizations must be higher education or nonprofit science research organizations.
Grant recipients include:
- Golisano Institute for Sustainability Research Building at the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York
- Center for Civil Engineering Earthquake Research at the University of Nevada, Reno
- Center of Excellence in Nano Mechanical Science and Engineering (NAMSE) at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- The new Center for Ocean Health at Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences in West Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Western Institute of Nanotechnology on Green Engineering and Metrology (WIN GEM) at the University of California, Los Angeles
To learn more about the grant totals per institute, visit: http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/20100929_cgp_awards.cfm.