Nanotechnology Community to Come Together at Advanced Therapeutics Symposium
The Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI) Invites Researchers to Submit Abstracts for the Merck Corporate Symposium on Targeted Delivery of siRNA, Taking Place During Nanotech 2008 in Boston, MA, USA
The Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI) is pleased to announce that abstracts are being accepted for the Merck Corporate Symposium: Targeted Delivery of siRNA, which will be held exclusively during NSTI Nanotech 2008 June 1-5 in Boston, MA. The Symposium will provide a significant platform for Merck to engage leading researchers in the nano tech community and focus discussion around the application of emerging nano technologies and their ability to affect targeted delivery of therapeutic siRNA molecules.
The Merck Corporate Symposium will focus on enabling technologies that can be applied to the efficient delivery of siRNA in vivo which results in reduced levels of specific mRNAs/proteins. In addition, technologies useful for the accelerated development of siRNA containing therapeutics are relevant. Specific areas of interest include:
• Biodegradable delivery components with low levels of toxicity
• Delivery systems for multiple tissues
• Delivery approaches amenable to alternate routes of administration
• Enhanced siRNA delivery using molecular targeting strategies
• Improved siRNA intracellular trafficking, endosomal escape and RISC incorporation
• Advanced siRNA structures which improve in vivo potency, stability, duration of action, specificity and toxicity profiles
• Whole animal methods for efficiently evaluating biodistribution and gene silencing
• Analytical methods for the physical and chemical characterization of complex assemblies
"Merck is pleased to partner with the NSTI in bringing the Symposium to Boston," said Dr. Reid Leonard, Merck's Executive Director of Licensing and External Research. "Nanotech 2008 reflects our commitment to innovation and provides an ideal forum for the presentation of siRNA enabling technologies – an area where Merck has assumed a leadership role."
Entering its 11th year, Nanotech 2008 is the world’s largest and most comprehensive technical and business event in nanotechnology. “Merck’s Corporate Symposium is one of the most anticipated programs at next year’s conference,” noted Dr. Matthew Laudon, Executive Director of the Nano Science and Technology Institute. “We are very pleased that Merck, one of the world’s most prominent pharmaceutical companies, has partnered with our conference to help address their company’s advanced research needs.”
To participate in the Merck Corporate Symposium, please submit your abstract through the NSTI Nanotech On-Line Abstract Submission form. The abstract deadline is December 6th, 2007: www.nsti.org/Nanotech2008/symposia/Merck.html.