Health Sciences and Biotech/Pharma
- R&D Profile: A high-throughput platform for nanoparticle-based multiplex in-situ hybridization in brain
Z. Riley and A. Jeromin, Allen Institute for Brain Science
The Allen Brain Atlas, developed by the Allen Institute for Brain Science, is the first large-scale atlas of gene expression in the mouse brain, using chromogenic in situ hybridization (cISH) to detect the location of over 20,000 genes. [more]
- Venture Profile: Vitrimark, Inc.
Vitrimark, Inc. exploits the unique advantages provided by nanoscale cryoimaging of biofluids to identify ultrastructural biomarkers for utility and integration in the drug development process. [more]
Chemicals, Materials & Energy
- R&D Profile: Self-Assembly of Nanoporous Silica Colloids: from Fundamentals to Applications, I. Sokolov, Clarkson University, USA
One of the challenges of modern nanotechnology is not only the engineering of nanoscale materials and particles, but also assembling and integrating them into larger-scale structures, devices, and systems.
- IP Profile: Novel Compounds for Disrupting Biofilms
Novel, simple heterocyclic compounds, synthesized to resemble the structure of the natural auto inducer-2, are used as polymer coatings for water pipes, membranes and other surfaces to disrupt quorum sensing between bacterial cells and prevent the formation of biofilms. [more]
- Nanotech 2009: Deadline For Submissions Has Been Extended to January 28 to Accommodate High Demand.
As we enter our 12th year, NSTI Nanotech is known as the largest and most comprehensive small tech conference in the world.[more]
- Singapore Institute Team Discovers New Uses for Imidazolium Salts in Medicine and Alternative Energy
Research Team Believes compound has powerful antioxidant properties to fight diseases and proves to be an efficient catalyst
- ConocoPhillips and the University of Kansas Launch Nanotech Program
Global Energy Leader will contribute $400K/year to the Program
The Nano Science and Technology Institute (NSTI) is chartered with the promotion and integration of nano and other advanced technologies through education, technology and business development.
Nano Science and Technology Institute
One Kendall Square, PMB 308
Cambridge, MA 02139, U.S.A