Edouard C. (Ed) LeFevre
Edouard C. LeFevre is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a member of the firm's Private Equity & Venture Capital and Transactional & Securities Practices, as well as the Emerging Technologies Industry Team. He has worked extensively with businesses in the software, life sciences, health care, and services industries. Prior to joining Foley, Mr. LeFevre was an associate with Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.Mr. LeFevre represents clients on an ongoing basis and in all stages of growth. His general business law practice includes:
- Advising startups through formation stages
- Counseling companies on corporate, employment and intellectual property matters
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including licensing, OEM and distribution agreements
- Advising companies in strategic alliances and joint ventures
Mr. LeFevre also represents clients in mergers, acquisitions and financing transactions of varying types and sizes. His recent deal experience includes:
- Representation of numerous public and private companies in sales to public and private acquirers, ranging from $5M to over $200M
- Representation of private companies in preferred stock financings, ranging from $2M to over $50M
- Representation of private equity firms in fund formation and subsequent investments in public and private portfolio companies
Mr. LeFevre has worked with numerous public companies and underwriters. His securities law experience includes:
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in public offerings, including SPAC's and PIPE's
- Assisting public companies with Exchange Act reporting
- Assisting directors, officers and significant shareholders with Section 16 reporting
- Counseling public companies and individual directors with respect to compliance with SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ governance requirements
Mr. LeFevre earned his J.D. from Boston College Law School in 1995 and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame in 1992. While at Boston College Law School, he was executive editor of the U.C.C. Reporter-Digest.
Mr. LeFevre is admitted to practice in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and is a member of the Bar Associations of both these states. He is also a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Mr. LeFevre is a member of the firm's national Diversity Committee. He also serves on the Boston office's pro bono committee.
Mr. LeFevre was named a Rising Star in Boston Magazine's “Massachusetts Super Lawyers 2005 – Rising Stars Edition.” He was also named a 2006 and 2007 “Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star” by Law & Politics magazine for his work in securities & corporate finance. Mr. LeFevre is also listed in the current edition of Best Lawyers in America®.
Mr. LeFevre is author of “Key Issues and Trends in a VC Deal Term Analysis,” a chapter of Inside the Minds: Analyzing VC Deal Terms (Aspatore Books: 2008).Presentations:
- “Finding the Money,” presented as part of Foley's MIT Luncheon series (June 2008)
- “Hiring and Motivating Your Team,” presented as part of Foley's MIT Luncheon series (June 2008; June 2007)
- “Pre-Transaction Due Diligence for Emerging Technology Companies,” presented as part of Foley's Boston Executive Briefings Series (March 2008; May 2007; June 2006)
- “Compensating and Retaining Key Personnel,” presented as part of Foley's Executive Briefings Series (May 2008; October 2007)
- “Managing Your Due Diligence Process Throughout the Life Cycle of a Life Sciences Company,” presented as part of the Foley's “Dive Deeper into Due Diligence; Enhanced Value for Life Sciences Companies” seminar (December 2007)
- “Strategic Partnerships,” presented as part of Foley's Emerging Technologies Conference (December 2007)
- “Private Equity's Role in the Changing M&A and Corporate Finance Landscape,” presented as part of Foley's M&A Fusion Web Conference Series (September 2007)
- “SPACS, CAPS, APOS, PIPES and AIM – The ABCs of the Newest Financing Techniques,” presented as part of Foley's M&A Fusion Web Conference Series (June 2007)
- “Starting Your Start-Up,” presented annually at Babson College in conjunction with Babson's MBA program (April 2007)
- “Valuation 101,” presented at 128 Innovation Capital Group (December 2006)
- “Angel Investing,” presented at 128 Venture North (September 2005)