Anatoly Borisovich Chubais
Anatoly Chubais was born on 16th June 1955 in the city of Borisov, Belarus.
- 1977 – graduated from Palmiro Togliatti Leningrad Institute of Engineering and Economics (LEEI).
- PhD since 1983.
- 2002 – graduated from department of higher teaching and specialists of Moscow Energy Engineering Institute in Problems of the Contemporary Energy Generation. Defended final thesis on Prospects for the Development of Hydro Energy of Russian Federation.
- Since 2003 – Honorable Ph.D. of St. Petersburg State Engineering and Economic University.
- 1977-1990 – worked as an engineer, assistant and associate professor at the LEEI. 1984-1987 - leader of ‘The Young Economists’, an informal group organized by the group of the graduates of the Leningrad economic institutes.
- 1990 – appointed as Deputy Chairman, then First Deputy Chairman of the Leningrad Executive Committee, became Anatoly Sobchak’s Economic Advisor.
- November 1991 – Chairman of State Committee for Control of State Assets.
- 1st June 1992 – appointed as First Deputy Prime Minister of Russian Federation for Economic and Financial Policy. In 1992 headed the development of a programme of privatization and its technical preparation.
- November 1994 – January 1996 – First Deputy Prime Minister of Russian Federation for economic and financial policy.
- April 1995 – February 1996 - governor of the Russian Federation in international financial organizations.
- 15th July 1996 – appointed as Chief of the Staff of the Presidential Executive Office.
- 7th March 1997 – appointed as First Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation and Minister of Finance simultaneously.
- 1997 – declared by leading financiers in survey for Euromoney magazine as The Best Financial Minister of the Year.
- 4th April 1998 – elected as a Member of the Board of Directors of RAO United Energy System of Russia at an extraordinary shareholders meeting.
- 30th April 1998 – appointed as a Chairman of Board of Directors of RAO United Energy System of Russia.
- July 2000 – elected as a President of the Electric Power Council of CIS. Re-elected to this post for 2001-2007.
- December 2001 – awarded with honorable diploma of International Award by the International Union of Economists for his significant contribution to Russian Federation development on the basis of applying advanced international experience introducing contemporary methods of organizing administration, economics, finances and production processes.
- Appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies by the presidential decree No. 1401 on September, 22, 2008.
Has three presidential commendations (awarded in 1995, 1997 and 1998).
Speaks fluent English.
Married. Has a son and a daughter.
View Confimed Speakers