- Wholly owned by Finmeccanica, Alenia Aeronautica is one of the major European players in aerospace
- Full integration capability through design, manufacture and support of advanced military and commercial aircraft
- Among the world leaders in aerostructures
- Leader in the overhaul, maintenance and modification of military and civil aircraft
- Strong and reliable partner of the most outstanding aerospace companies worldwide
The ability to design the configuration of entire aircraft systems is the crucial Alenia Aeronautica capability that enables it to be prime or co-prime contractor in advanced programs.
Materials and processes developed for commercial applications or within specific research projects provide off-the-shelf solutions for new military or security applications.
The other core capabilities that drive its growth and success are international collaborations, advanced materials and processes, the ability to coordinate a global network of suppliers and the flight test department.
To maintain and expand its role, Alenia Aeronautica maintains a comprehensive range of aerodynamics, military aircraft systems and structural labs.
In addition the company is a world leader in the use of composite materials and carbon fiber technologies for both military and civil applications.
To maximize return on in its technological base, dual-use is a specific Alenia Aeronautica goal.
Web site: www.alenia-aeronautica.it