e-Services for Life and Health, Scientific Institute San Rafaele, Italy
After my degree in 1991 in Nuclear Engineering, I joined the Scientific Institute H San Raffaele in Milan, Italy, where I currently hold the position of R&D and Business Development Manager of the “e-Services for Life and Health” Unit: in charge of the design and development of innovative health services, and related business models, based on personalized medicine and wellbeing.
Areas of expertise:
- Healthcare process re-engineering and vertical integration in the domains of clinical laboratory analysis and pharmaceutical treatments, with specific expertise in ICT design for maximizing Patient Safety and Privacy, Hospital Risk Management and Supply Chain efficiency. E.g.:
- Project Manager of the European Commission 5th Framework R&D Project DRIVE (Drug in Virtual Enterprise): end-to-end integration of clinical and logistic services in the drug supply chain, from Manufacturer to Patient bedside based on Tag RFID. Inventor of patents filed in the domain
- e-Services for Life and Health: an innovative approach to deliver personalized medicine-based services to promote healthier lifestyle and prevention in everyday life, supporting self monitoring and compliance in pharmaceutical treatment, as well as healthier nutritional habits and physical activity, e.g.:
- In charge, since 2004, as project manager of the European Commission 6th Framework Program R&D PIPS - Personalized Information Platform for health and life Services (FP6 - IST, 507019).
- In charge, since 2005, as project manager of PITVISION: development of innovative personalized services and iTV formats to deliver wellbeing and lifestyle edu+infotainment; inventor of patent filed in the domain.
- In charge , since 2006, of projects in the domain of indoor ambient intelligence aimed at the delivering personalized wellbeing services at home and workplace, e.g. ANGEL – Advanced Network embedded platform as a Gateway to Enhance quality of Life (FP6-IST, 033506)
- Since 2003, Professor of “Dependability of Information System” at the Information Department - University of Milano.
- Since 2004, Professor of “Intelligent and mobile systems for Innovative Services” at the Information Department - University of Insubria.
- Lecturer in 80+ international congresses in healthcare, Information technologies.
- 200+ Mass media communication in primary TVs, Newspapers, Magazines and Internet sites reporting results of R&D activities directly related with the above-mentioned projects.
Speaking in the Sensors & Systems Symposium.
View Confimed Speakers
Back to Conferences & Symposia