The Evans Analytical Group will present:
Working Smarter A Course in Analytical Techniques General Overview
The Working Smarter 2005 Overview Seminar reviews many surface and microanalytical techniques used in a wide variety of industries. This course has been designed to provide engineers and scientists with the information needed to effectively use sophisticated surface analytical tools in materials research, process development, failure analysis, and production quality control applications.
We have recently updated our seminar materials and broadened our focus to include applications and examples of a wide variety of materials including Alloys, Ceramics and Composites, Biomaterials, Catalysts, Coatings, Glass/Optical Materials, Paper/Packaging, Polymers and Semiconductors.
Attendees will increase their knowledge of analytical methods and their understanding of how these techniques can be applied most effectively to different technologies, problem solving, or research situations.
The Working Smarter Series is in its 19th year, and is the leading tutorial seminar on Surface and Micro-Analytical Techniques for professionals in the semiconductor industry. The instructors for this seminar have many years of experience within the techniques that they specialize in. They are the top scientists within the Evans Analytical Group and will provide a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic presentation.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, lab managers, research and development personnel will increase their knowledge of analytical methods and their understanding of how these techniques can be applied most effectively to different technologies, problem solving, or research situations.
This course will benefit anyone working with materials that uses or is thinking about using analytical services to characterize these materials.
The experienced professional will gain breadth of knowledge in techniques complimentary to their core skills, while individuals new to the field of analysis will come away with a good overview of the range and application of many techniques.
What youll learn:
- The latest techniques and instrumentation for surface and thin film characterization of materials.
- The techniques that are best used in different applications
- The basic fundamentals of each technique (how do they work?)
*Note that the operation of instruments is not discussed.
- How to better interpret the data to get the most information from your analysis
- Strengths and limitations of each technique
Why Take This Seminar?
With the knowledge gained from this seminar, participants will be able to make more informed decisions about which technique to use, thereby reducing the cost of analytical services.
Section 1. An Introduction to Surface and Microanalytical Tools
Section 2. Microanalytical Techniques
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Focused Ion Beam
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometry
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy
Section 3. Surface Organic Techniques
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
- Raman Spectroscopy
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
Section 4. Fundamentals and Applications of SIMS
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry
Section 5. Accelerator Techniques
Section 6. Summary: Comparing Analytical Techniques
Back to Workshops, Tutorials and Demos