ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
Fifth International Conference on
Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems
April 22-25, 2002
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
San Juan, Puerto Rico, U.S.A.
The largest gathering in the field worldwide, MSM is the premier
technical forum for presenting the latest research and development
in modeling and simulation methods, tools and applications
in the MEMS, microelectronic, semiconductor, sensor, materials
and biotechnology fields.
The 2002 ACRS Joint Meeting, MSM & ICCN
Conference will be held at the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris
Casino, San Juan, Puerto Rico, U.S.A. Located on the beach in downtown
San Juan, this world class resort offers the tropical atmosphere
you expect when you dream of your ideal Caribbean Island vacation.
The conference will start Sunday late afternoon with registration
and reception, and adjourn Thursday afternoon. Technical sessions,
and the vendor exhibition run Monday through Thursday. Conference
registration and housing will officially open July 2, 2001.
The conference Technical Proceedings, consisting of articles
submitted by authors of both oral and poster presentations will,
be distributed to participants at registration.
In addition to the Technical Program, an exciting series of Social
Events are being prepared to allow attendees ample opportunity to
interact socially and enjoy the sights and sounds of this tropical
The goal of MSM is to bring together researchers, designers,
programmers and vendors involved in microsystem developments
(MEMS microelectronic, semiconductor, sensor, materials and
biotechnology fields). In an effort to dramatically shorten
development time and reduce prototyping costs, simulation
activities have experienced phenomenal growth, generating a
large number of point solutions, as well as integrated tools.
MSM provides a forum for microsystem simulation specialists,
allowing them to be exposed to the state of the art modeling
techniques currently implemented in academic or industrial
research, encouraging a free exchange of ideas and generating
synergies between adjacent specialties. Finally, MSM strives
to help advanced modeling techniques diffuse into industry
and research centers by organizing workshops, demonstrations
and short courses.
MSM Topics and Application Areas
- Mathematical Modeling and Scaling Laws
- Numerical Methods
- Finite and Boundary Element Methods
- Process, Device and Circuit Simulation
- Model Calibration, Validation and Metrology
- Equipment Modeling
- Co-simulation and Optimization
- System and Multi-level Modeling
- Characterization and Reliability
- Data Bases, Data Exchange and Translators
- Semiconductors and Microelectronics
- Quantum Effects, Quantum Devices and Spintronics
- Advanced Packaging and Interconnects
- Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Smart Sensors and Structures
- Advanced Lithography and Photonics
- DNA Chip Technology and Genomics
- Microfluidic Systems
- Electromagnetics, RF, Compact Modeling and Signal Integrity
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
Sponsored and Endorsed by
- National Science Foundation
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- American Physical Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Applied Computational Research Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Electron Devices Society
- CFD Research Corporation
- Coventor, Inc.
- Intellisense Corp.
- Molecular Simulations Inc.
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Lausanne
- TIMA-CMP Laboratory, France
- Ibero-American Science and Technology Education Consortium
- International Association for Mathematical and Computer
Conference Quick Links